Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Poem: Heart Surgery

'Ouch, God,
Please don’t poke me there
That hole in my heart hurts
Please take care!'

“Healing I can give you
I am more than able
Just give me permission
To place you on the operating table”

“The surgery is long
So let me begin
But this painful procedure
Will benefit you in the end”

On the table I lie
With chest spread wide open
The surgeon begins
To heal what was broken

'Where is my heart?
I don’t see it anymore!'
“It’s in my hands”
I’m making it whole”

‘Ouch!’ once again
My heart is hurting
The Doctor smiles again
“I’m making it sturdy”
“Broken bones mend very soon
Quickly to be cured
But compared to a heart
This process must be endured”

'Ouch' times three!
When will this pain be undone?
Can I really trust in Him
This Hidden Surgeon?

Months pass and
The operation is complete
My chest is sore
And my body weak

A small scar on my chest
But a joy I can’t I hide
My heart is not just fixed
But a new one inside!

“I am proud of you, my son
You have great things in store
Your heart has been healed
To love even more”

No comments: